Good Jobs for New Mexico's Workforce
The McCune Charitable Foundation joined the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and Con Alma Health Foundation in hosting a summit on November 16, 2016 to explore strategies for improving frontline healthcare workers' jobs.
Raise the Floor, Build the Ladder speakers and panelists included:
- Diana Abeyta, Tribal and Northern Coordinator, New Mexico Department of Health - Office of Community Health Workers
- Ariel Cisneros, Senior Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City - Denver Branch
- David Fresquez, Owner, Home Companion Care LLC
- Elly Kugler, J.D. Field Director, Caring Across Generations
- Branda Parker, Executive Director, San Juan Center for Independence
- Sandy Skaar, Owner, Self-Directed Choices LLC
- Gene Varela, State Director, AARP New Mexico State Office
- Katharine Winograd, President, Central New Mexico Community College
The McCune Charitable Foundation joined the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and Con Alma Health Foundation in hosting a summit on April 28, 2015 to explore program, policy and funding supports for low-wage workers and their employers.
Raise the Floor, Build the Ladder speakers and contributors included:
- Maureen Conway, The Aspen Institute, see her presentation
- Erika Ramirez, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Fred Dedrick, National Fund for Workforce Solutions, see his presentation
- Celina Bussey, NM Department of Workforce Solutions, see her presentation
- Mark Popovich, The Hitachi Foundation, see his paper, "Doing Well, Doing Good"
- Juan Salgado, Instituto del Progreso Latino
- Dolores Roybal, Con Alma Health Foundation
- Tamra Mason, Ph.D., Dean, Health, Wellness & Public Safety, Central New Mexico Community College
- Michael Padilla, CEO, Altivus CRM Solutions and New Mexico Senate
- Vicki Mora, CEO, Associated General Contractors New Mexico
- Ken L. Reid, MBA, MHA,CEO, New Mexico Intertribal Community Services Council
- Jerilynn Sans, Workforce Administrator, Mid-Region Council of Governments
- Saru Jayaraman, Executive Director, Restaurant Opportunities Centers United, view her video, "Behind the Kitchen Door"
- Read Stuart Andreason's “Coordinating Regional Workforce Development Systems", Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Read Steven Shepelwich's Good Jobs for New Mexico's Workforce, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City,