This post is brought to you by the National Alliance for Caregiving:
Now Available – Slides & Meeting Materials from the
8th Annual National Conference of Caregiving Coalitions
Last week, the National Alliance for Caregiving hosted Advocating for Caregiving: The 8th Annual National Conference of Caregiving Coalitions
at the 2014 Annual Conference of the American Society on Aging in San Diego. Nearly 100 caregiving advocates and coalition members attended our meeting to discuss advocacy, new technologies, and communication tools for caregiving coalitions. Many thanks to our generous sponsors: The Archstone Foundation, Pfizer, and Genentech.
We were honored to feature several notable caregiving experts, including:
- Gail Gibson Hunt, President/CEO, National Alliance for Caregiving
- The Honorable Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-19), California State Senator
- The Honorable Brian Duke, Secretary of Aging, Pennsylvania
- John Schall, CEO, Caregiver Action Network
- Marcus Grindstaff, VP of International Markets, Intel – GE Care Innovations™
- Andy Cohen, CEO, Caring.com
- Dr. Tom Edes, Director of Geriatrics and Extended Care for Clinical Operations, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Family caregiving coalitions and agencies, including: Caregiver Coalition of San Diego, Southern Caregiver Resource Center (San Diego), New Mexico Direct Caregivers Coalition, Arizona Caregivers Coalition
- Scholarship winners from across the U.S., including: Arizona, California (Burbank and Claremont), Florida, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Hawaii, New Jersey, and Nevada
Many thanks to all who made this great event possible!