As our readers well know, New Mexico caregivers and care workers are needed now more than ever to care for our state’s elderly and persons with disabilities. Caregivers of young children are especially hard hit because schools are closed due to COVID-19 precautions. Consequently, many caregivers NOW have the additional economic burden of meeting the cost of child care.
To assist with this unexpected hardship, New Mexico Caregivers Coalition is offering immediate Caregiver Emergency Child Care Grants to New Mexico’s caregivers and home care workers who have a young child/children (aged 0-12) in child care settings.
Eligibility for Caregiver Emergency Child Care Grants:
- Person who works as a home care worker and has young child/children (0-12) in child care settings.
- Applications must be accompanied by proof of payment for child care service(s) such as copy of receipt dated March 9, 2020 or later from the provider.
- Child care providers recognized under emergency NM Public Health Order(s) may apply.
- Grant amount is $100. Applicant may apply up to three (3) times, once each month beginning March 20, 2020. New application must be submitted each month.
- Applications may be submitted via fax to (505) 393-5101, email to email@example.com or mailed to P.O. Box 297, Bernalillo, NM 87004.