Connecting the Right Kind of Care for Your Loved Ones

Caregivers come with a wide range of experiences and credentials, and you should look for the best fit with your situation.

Some caregivers have no official credentials, but have a great deal of experience. Some caregivers are trained for primarily non-medical tasks, like helping with bathing, dressing, meals, and housekeeping. These credentials include Personal Care Assistant and the Home Care Assistant (PCA and HCA).

Other caregivers have some training with light medical assistance such as help with medication management and basic health care measurements such as temperature and blood pressure. These credentials include Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Home Health Aide (HHA), or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).

The more medical help you or your loved one needs, the more appropriate it is to look for a caregiver who holds credentials focused on medical issues and one with experience serving people who have conditions similar to those of your loved one.

Please investigate and choose your options carefully when seeking care for your loved ones.

There are many experts in New Mexico to help you locate the right kind of care for your loved one. We would be glad to help connect you to those resources (see also our Resource Links page).

Scroll to Top