New Mexico Aging & Long-Term Services Department announces the New Mexi-Care Caregiver Health Model in six counties, Harding, Catron, Sierra, Lincoln, San Miguel, or De Baca County. This program will provide financial assistance and training to caregivers who are assisting friends or family members with daily activities due to physical or cognitive limitations. The goal of the program is to allow older adults to thrive in their homes and communities and reduce nursing home placements and emergency department visits.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be age 60+
- Live in Harding, Catron, Sierra, Lincoln, San Miguel, or De Baca County
- Have cognitive or physical limitations requiring assistance with two or more activities of daily living such as: feeding, dressing, personal hygiene, incontinence, toileting, and/or ambulating (walking)
- Cannot be eligible for Medicaid
- Maximum Gross Income Level
- $3,300/month for an individual
- $6,600/month for a couple
- Resource Level (total for savings plus checking accounts)
- $19,800/month for an individual
- $39,600/month for a couple
Interested individuals may apply online or by contacting the New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department at 1-866-654-3219 and selecting Option #4.